Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yeah erm, whatever

So...not blogging for like two months has gathered quite a backlog of events (as well as a backlog of blogs to read for as you can see I follow quite a few other people's blog, or at least I used to. *snicker*)

I've spent the last few hours trying to catch up...trying to figure out where I left off too. I'm on blog I used to read every day number 4, I have 8 more to go...8 blogs, not posts that is. But I want to read them...cause I don't have a new book yet.

So, why haven't I been blogging? A whole lot of meh, that's why. Not that I've been in cryofreeze for the past two months, just completely devoid of any motivation to do much of anything except sleep, go to work and have sex with my boyfriend. You notice I didn't even put eat in there? That's because I'm on a diet. Not a real one mind you, not one I put any thought into, the one where I simply can't be bothered to eat much. I do remember eat something before I go to work though, which is good because otherwise I'm sure they'd find me passed out in the fridge.

Here's the update, broken into nice neat little categories.

School
Is over for the semester, thank Jebus. Took my last exam today and handed in my last half-assed project. Need to get my ass in gear next semester as I've barely squeaked by this time. At least some small effort is required next semester as I have to *cringe* serve in the student restaurant. Yes, more slave labour.

Weather
Fucking ass cold. It was like -15 today and I hate it. I also hated taking the bus in the dark this morning to go to my 8am exam. Winter is a cruel season. Very much contemplating moving to Jamaica.

Work
Still at the Pub, things were getting better, then they got worse, my work week starts tomorrow so we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Relationships
Still with TBear. Things are fine. Blissfully uneventful really. We've had a few little tiffs in the last three months but we've managed to navigate them well. Still having awesome sex, though there was a bit of a dry spell. Generally when things aren't going well for either of us in our respective jobs the sex life tends to suffer. But it comes back with a bang.

Family
Nothing really to report on this front, and there probably won't be anything to report on until March. Why? Because I don't get to go to California to visit my family this Christmas. Why? Because my boss is kind of a jerk, that's why. It's apparently OK for him to have a life, a family, kids that run amok around the restaurant once a week, and you know, getting to go out of town on the weekends, but I'm not allowed to have a life. I'm not allowed to go away for Christmas. Why? Because we have an Xmas party on the 19th (I could've changed my flight to the 20th), and apparently he "Can't run a kitchen like this!" even though I would have missed only 2 days of work really: Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, since we're obviously closed on Christmas Day. We might not even be open on those other days, I find out tomorrow. So yeah...nice eh? I guess the joke's on him though cause when I asked him when would be a good time for me to go to California to visit my mom and suggested March Break...he agreed, March Break would be perfect. I'm leaving March 14th, returning March 21st. What's smack dab in the middle of that? St. Patrick's Day. The busiest day of the year in the pub business. Oh well, he said I could go, it's been booked. No backing out now. Should've let me go for Christmas asshole. (And bah-humbug to you!)

Money Matters
Broke, broke, broke. Christmas? Hah. You're kidding right?

Life in General
Mostly meh. I'm unmotivated, depressed even. Can barely muster up the effort to get out of bed at a decent hour (earliest I can manage without something very important like work or an exam forcing me is 10am, and even that's a feat.) Have no projects on the go...my room goes from fairly cluttered to oh my god where did the floor go? on a weekly basis. My laundry piles up, gets done, doesn't get put away. I have been reading some books lately though. After plowing through Atlas Shrugged, I read The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain, finished The American Nerd by Ben Nugent (which I started back in the summer), Firethorn by Sarah Micklem (surprisingly a page turner, need to pick up the next one: Wildfire) and The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs (quite funny, inspiring even). So while I haven't been studying for school, or doing my homework, I'm still learning lol. TBear is supposed to lend me The Rise of the Creative Class, so that one's next on the list.

So what now? Well, with school done for the next few weeks I have even more free time on my hands. And I need to get my shit together. Christmas is depressing normally, but now that I won't be getting my injection of California sunshine, it's even worse. So I need some structure to keep myself from hibernating for the next few weeks.

One of the bloggers I read: Chris Hoke is putting structure to his blog, Monday such and such, Tuesday this thing, you get the idea. And yes I'm totally stealing this from him (cause he stole it from others, and so on the so forth, no one has a copyright on organizing themes for your blog, get over it people.) But I want to try writing every day. Key word there is *try*, Yoda is shaking his head at me already. I know there will be days where I just can't. Like Saturday. I work from 11am till close, which can either be 11pm, 12am, or 1am depending on how busy we are. Not alot of room in there for writing. But I'll try to maybe write it earlier in the week and just post it on Saturday. Compromise lol.

So here's what I have in mind for my weekly schedule:

Manic Monday
Oh the craziness of life, what am I doing this coming week? What big things are on the table? If nothing, then general life talk.

Tuesday Review
I will review something, anything. The last book I read, the last movie I saw (Tuesday is cheap movie night here lol), a song, a picture, a painting, a blog. I'll have an opinion on SOMETHING. And it won't be just MEH.

Whiny Wednesday
Not just whining about anything mind you, I want to use this day to talk about relationships, my current, my past, the fat couple I saw on the bus today, whatever, but it will have to do with relationships. This also includes friendships and other kind of relationships, but not about work.

Thursday Schooldaze
The trials and tribulations of a college student. Fun! Probably not, but I can gripe about how dumb my program is any maybe get some help on the homework front.

I don't want to call this Freaky Friday lol, but I probably will for lack of a better name.
Since Friday is payday, I want to write about money matters, mine, other people's, good ideas, bad ideas, my friend's penchant for collecting coins. Something about money, even if it's just how silly the Queen looks on the $20.

Saturday: Kitchen Confidential
Kitchen Confidential probably is copyrighted....probably by Anthony Bourdain, but I don't think he's going to come after me with his meat cleaver, he's too busy eating bugs in Indonesia. This will be my day to write about my kitchen adventures, and work in general. You might even get a recipe out of me, we'll see. Be warned: I complain alot, this will most likely be a weekly bitchfest.

Sinful Sunday
Since I just finished The Year of Living Biblically I thought it would be fun to post about which sinful activity I think I highly excelled in that particular week. I might do a seven week stretch of the seven deadly sins. Or I might talk about what I think is bad in this world (or good, with bad consequences.) I don't want everything to be negative though, I might talk about how sinful my dessert was that day, whatever, something to do with sinning. I sin a lot, most without much guilt as I'm not Christian, and I generally believe in Karma therefore I'll get what's coming to me for lying to my Prof today about why I was late for my exam lol.

So that's it for now. It's almost midnight and TBear is supposed to come over at some point so I might not get to my Whiny Wednesday post. Though this post is probably pretty whiny anyway.

Cheers.

*Afterthought:
Blogger spellcheck does not recognize the following words: Meh, cryofreeze, could've, should've hah, th when attatched to a number, bloggers (ironically), biblically (which I checked, that's how it's spelled on the bookcover), alot, bitchfest, and lol. Kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment