Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Financial Friday

I realize it's already technically Tuesday and I've missed like 4 posts, but I'm going to try to catch up anyway.

So for Fridays I've decided to write about money. Or my lack there of.

Being a college student and a cook, I don't make that much and the student loans run out pretty fast. Christmas is kind of a bitch. I don't have a lot of people whom I absolutely have to buy for, but I like to give presents and it bothers me that I can't always show my love through gifts.

Being a cook I have decided to put my talent to work for me in regards to Christmas. In year's past, before I went back to school and was working full time, I usually had a big Christmas party at my tiny apartment with a full-on Christmas dinner. That is obviously not going to happen this year, not only did those dinners cost me around $200-$300 to throw, I don't have my own place anymore so I can't really throw a party. So I've gone the other route and I'm baking cookies...lots of cookies.

It's almost 3am and I'm still baking cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, peanutbutter cookies and shortbread cookies. I haven't even started on the shortbread yet, that may have to wait until tomorrow.

So far, this endeavour has only cost me about $60. I plan on hitting up the dollar store tomorrow to see what sort of festive thingy I can put these in for all my various folks. Hopefully it won't cost me too much to get some decorative tins or something.

I really hope people will be happy with my homemade Christmas present. Who doesn't like cookies, right? But still, I feel guilty for not being able to buy "real" presents. Especially since some people have bought things for me (which I told them not too!)

Oh well, bah-humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment